WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
The workshop will bring together researchers from all over the world to mark the prospects and needs for action regarding various aspects of boreal and arctic regions in a changing world. Contributions dealing both with research related to ZOTTO and to any other boreal/arctic region are welcome. ZOTTO has a large synergetic potential in the context of forthcoming research projects in the boreal and arctic Eurasia. The workshop is intended to help foster collaboration and networking in order to increase the scientific output of ongoing projects and prepare the way for future projects in the boreal/arctic region. We look forward to welcoming you in Krasnoyarsk and ZOTTO.
- Ongoing climate change over Northern Eurasia
- Terrestrial ecosystems of Northern Eurasia and global biogeochemical cycles
- Impact of a changing climate on boreal forest dynamics: forest successions, fires, deforestation and others
- Environmental observations and modeling
- Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions