Whereas during night time the lower levels of the atmosphere are highly influenced by respiration processes of the ground, the 304 m height of the tall tower guarantees that the tower top always sees concentrations that are representative for the free troposphere.
Thus the air arriving at the 301 m level has a large area, that is influencing the measurement at ZOTTO site. Based on ECMWF forecast data, the STILT model calculates the back trajectories of the air parcels that result in a suitable footprint.
- Continuous CO2 and CH4 Gas Measurements at 301, 227, 158, 92, 52, and 4 m height
- Continuous Aerosol Measurements at 301, and 52 m height with self-made instrument
- Continuous CO Measurements at 301, and 52 m height
- Continuous Ozone, and NOx Measurements at 30 m height
- Continuous Meteorology Measurements at 301, 227, 158, 92, 52, and 4 m height, and on the ground (Temperature, Wind, Humidity)
- Biweekly Flask Sampling at 301 m height
- Various irregular ecosystem measurements